If I’ve been obsessed with anything this year, it’s been skincare. This may not be news to you if you’re a regular around here, but at the beginning of this year I set out to take the best possible care of my skin in the hopes of keeping it looking fresh and healthy sans injectibles.
I am blessed with the opportunity to try a wide variety of skincare lines – many of which never make it to my blog, however, in toady’s post I’m excited to share a few products I recently tried and had success with from Soko Glam.
My interest in Soko Glam was initially sparked after listening to the Him & Her podcast with Charlotte Cho. They covered hormonal acne in that podcast, which at the time, was something I was really struggling with! I like Soko Glam because they celebrate a skin-first philosophy stemming from Korean practises. Essentially, they encourage finding the root cause of your skin issues, vs covering them up and only provide the highest quality Korean beauty products tested by Charlotte and her team.
My Skin Type
Let me begin by saying I have really dry skin! Dry skin leads to wrinkles, which is where my journey with skincare began. These products are catered to my skin type, and were recommended to me directly by a Soko Glam representative. Part of what’s unique about Soko Glam is you have the opportunity to email or text directly with a team member about your skin type after taking a short quiz on their website. Based off your questionnaire answer, Soko Glam will make a recommendation for the best products for your needs.
My personal recommendation offered a 5 step dry-skin set:
1. Cleansing Balm: The first step in your double cleanse. This oil cleanser breaks down makeup, removes dirt, excess sebum, and pollution from the skins surface. This formula works to build collagen and prevent fine lines. True rose of Jericho and iris extract close the deal promoting smoothness and softness to the skin – leaving my skin feeling like a babies butt!
2. Cleansing Foam: Great for sensitive dry skin that’s prone to redness. It foams up into a beautiful lather leaving behind fresh, plump, and soothed skin without drying it out.
3. Beauty Water: Multi-tasking toner and cleansing water. Mildly exfoliates, removing dead skin cells revealing brighter, smoother skin.
4. Licorice pH Balancing Essence Mist: Perfect for all skin types and the antidote to dryness, dullness, and sensitivity. This mist feels so refreshing! You can use it as a setting spray after makeup, a mid-day pick me up or as a cleansing toner.
5. Rich Moist Soothing Cream: Works to strengthen your skins protective barrier, rescuing dry and irritated skin, while improving its natural cell repairing capabilities. Great for all skin type, especially sensitive.
This set would be an ideal gift for someone looking to get into skincare but maybe doesn’t know where to start, a daughter who can’t afford a full high quality skincare routine just yet, or anyone interested in beauty! It retails for $95.
I opted to add in a couple other products to try after reading countless glowing reviews about them under the best sellers tab on Soko Glam’s website, and I can attest to the reviews! They are so worthy of mentioning and actually would be my top picks. If I could only choose ONE item, I’d get the lip sleeping pack first. My second pick would be the Collagen Ampoule, and third favorite would be the Cleansing Balm.
1. Time Stop Collagen Ampoule: Formulated with almost 77% mushroom extract to stimulate collagen production and reduce the appearance of wrinkles intensley hydrates skin and soothes irritation and redness. My skin soaks this up and just loves it’s smoothing effects. Highly recommend this one!
2. Nourishing Care Lip Sleeping Pack: I have tried every chapstick, lip mask, etc on the market and I cannot rave about this one enough! I am blown away by how amazing it made my lips feel! What a perfect stocking stuffer gift too! It has a subtle vanilla flavor and I love that it’s free of parabens as well. Kiss your flaky, chapped lips goodbye babes!
If you’re interested in giving Soko Glam a try, now is the perfect time to do so as they’re currently offering 30% off site wide (excluding sets, gift cards, Then I Met You products, and The Little book of Skincare) with code SGBF19 and free shipping on all orders over $35 in the US. As I previously mentioned, these make a great gift option — and the lip mask is the perfect stocking stuffer!
SHOP THE POST:
*Thank you to Soko Glam for sponsoring todays post. As always, all opinions are my own.