If your kids are proud members of the Picky Eaters Club, this episode is for you! In part 2 of my interview with Vani Hari, AKA The Food Babe, she shares some of her favorite healthy ingredients for cooking, baking, snacks, and more! Plus, how to introduce your kids to veggies and teach them about nutrition so they actually enjoy eating healthy foods.
Vani Hari is a revolutionary food activist, a New York Times best-selling author, co-founder of the organic food brand Truvani, and was named one of the “Most Influential People on the Internet” by Time magazine. Hari started FoodBabe.com to spread information about what is really in the American food supply. She teaches people how to make the right purchasing decisions at the grocery store, how to live an organic lifestyle, and how to travel healthfully around the world.
Her new cookbook, Food Babe Family will officially hit stores October 17, 2023.
- Pre-order the Food Babe Family Cookbook – Out October 17th!
- Frog Hollow Farm
- Good Inside with Dr. Becky Podcast
- Good Inside by Dr. Becky Kennedy
Some key takeaways from this episode include:
- When it comes to ingredients like oil and flour, keep a mix of options on hand. Avocado oil, coconut oil, and grass-fed butter are all great options. Organic white flour, whole wheat flour, and almond flour are great options for cooking and baking.
- At dinnertime, serve 2-3 vegetable options first before any other dish. Talk to your kids about the vegetable, where it comes from, and how you cooked it, without the distractions of other foods.
- Teach your kids about different food options and how to make the best choices for themselves. Your kid will probably never opt out of getting ice cream, but they will try to make the best choice if you give them the information to do so.
Welcome to The Cheeky Been Podcast! I’m your host Vanessa Krombeen, the creator behind The Cheeky Been, a lifestyle blog that empowers women to feel their best through fitness, fashion, health and wellness, and motherhood tips. In this show, you will find thought provoking conversations with entrepreneurs, influencers, and brands you love and the answers to your most sought after questions.
Connect with Me!
- Follow The Cheeky Been
- Follow The Cheeky Been Podcast
- The Cheeky Been Blog
- Business Inquiries: email@example.com
*Indicates an affiliate link. Thank you for supporting the show by shopping from my links!