If there’s anyone who can tell us how to build a wildly successful product-based business, Johnny Fly is the guy! John Freeman is the Founder and Owner of the eyewear and leather goods brand Johnny Fly here in Charlotte. In this episode, he’s giving us the full behind the scenes of where he learned how to run a business, how his fashion brand grew from his kitchen table to a global sensation, and how he balances his work with being a husband and father.
GIVEAWAY: We are gifting a pair of “Milk DUDDS”, the sunglasses I designed with Johnny Fly, when they’re restocked at the end of July! Here’s what you need to do to enter!
- Go to the The Cheeky Been Podcast IG account and like the latest post about this episode
- Leave a comment with your favorite part of the episode on that post
- Follow The Cheeky Been Podcast on Instagram
- Follow Johnny Fly on Instagram
- EXTRA ENTRY: Leave a written review on The Cheeky Been Podcast on Apple Podcasts. Be sure to leave your email address or IG handle in the review so we know how to contact you!
Some key takeaways from this episode include:
- Don’t be afraid to fail. Get better with every iteration of your product or service, and take the time to assess what you want to build and improve on in your business.
- Do what you can to establish your business as a legit brand. John had a branded phone number with 7 or 8 extensions that all went to the same place, but it helped legitimize his business to people reaching out.
- Stick to your values. If there’s something that’s really important to you, don’t compromise on it. For Johnny Fly, it’s creating sustainable processes and products, and all their decisions revolve around this value.
Welcome to The Cheeky Been Podcast! I’m your host Vanessa Krombeen, the creator behind The Cheeky Been, a lifestyle blog that empowers women to feel their best through fitness, fashion, health and wellness, and motherhood tips. In this show, you will find thought provoking conversations with entrepreneurs, influencers, and brands you love and the answers to your most sought after questions.
Connect with Me!
- Follow The Cheeky Been
- Follow The Cheeky Been Podcast
- The Cheeky Been Blog
- Business Inquiries: email@example.com
*Indicates an affiliate link. Thank you for supporting the show by shopping from my links!