Last year I shared my hormone journey with y’all, and so many of you shared your own stories with me. In this episode, I sat down with Marissa West to talk about her own personal hormone journey, how she helps her clients adjust their workouts and nutrition to accommodate hormone imbalances, and so much more! This is Part II of my convo with Marissa, so be sure to go back and listen to Part I about our WKS X TCB 2.0 Program and separating from her business partner if you haven’t yet!
Connect with Marissa + West Kept Secret!
Use code CHEEKY15 for a lil’ discount on the West Kept Secret X The Cheeky Been 2.0 Program!
- The Invigory | Health Optimization Studio in Charlotte
- Inner Peace Acupuncture
- Dr. Hansen-Lindner
- Hormone Balance Workbook
- Nagwa Guide: Hormones and the Body
Some key takeaways from this episode include:
- Advocate for yourself! You know your body best, so if your doctor won’t listen to you, keep talking to other doctors until you find one who will take your concerns seriously.
- There are a lot of things we’ve normalized that actually aren’t normal, like constant exhaustion, low sex drive, or not seeing results from your workout and nutrition regimen. Your body’s cues could be an indicator of a hormonal imbalance.
- If you find you have high cortisol levels and you’re used to doing intense workouts, try walking and dialing back any high-impact workouts. Walking is super underrated!
Welcome to The Cheeky Been Podcast! I’m your host Vanessa Krombeen, the creator behind The Cheeky Been, a lifestyle blog that empowers women to feel their best through fitness, fashion, health and wellness, and motherhood tips. In this show, you will find thought provoking conversations with entrepreneurs, influencers, and brands you love and the answers to your most sought after questions.
Connect with Me!