Tularosa Romper // Dolce Vita Heels // Hat // Gigi New York Clutch // Earrings // Link Bracelet // Watch // David Yurman Bangle
Good morning and happy Sunday, everyone! Today I want to talk about my five favorite places to eat in Charlotte. I’m a big foodie and going out to eat is one of my favorite things to do, especially if we are trying somewhere new. Narrowing it down to five was not easy, because there are a ton of great places to eat in Charlotte, but here are my top picks and why!
1. The Cellar at Duckworths // I get excited just thinking about The Cellar! This is hands down my favorite dinner spot in the city. The Cellar is a 1920’s inspired speak-easy restauraunt that’s known for their hand crafted cocktails and gastropub fare. It’s located underground and features it’s original brick walls and exposed ceiling joists for the perfect prohibition era feel. You must try the Red Rum cocktail, Truffle Mac & Cheese, and the Carmelized Brussel Sprouts! They’re also well known for having the best Filet in Charlotte.
2. Good Food on Montford // GFOM is a household favorite for us. We eat here at least once a month! This small, yet inviting space has the perfect ambiance for date night and complements the tapas style menu perfectly. The food really is good, too! The menu changes seasonally and uses only local and organic products. Some of our year round favorites include the Garganelli, Pork Carnitas, Steamed Bun, and the brownie is a must for desert!
3. O-ku // New to Charlotte, O-ku presents authentic asian cuisine with a southern flare. We love this place. Our first experience was at their Charleston location, and we were so excited to see them come to Charlotte! The atmosphere is super trendy and “alive” and provides the perfect precursor to a night on the town. My favorite things on the menu include the Sugar and Spice cocktail, Potato Roll, Edamame with Spiced Chili glaze, and the Yellowtail Carpaccio.
4. Soul Gastrolounge // Similar to The Cellar, Soul Gastrolounge embodies that laid back speakeasy feel. Another tapas style restauraunt, Soul is known for their sushi and eclectic cocktails. Our favorite thing on the menu is hands down the Asian Glazed Pork Belly Tacos! These are to die for and come with a chunk of watermelon on top. Also reccommended are the Shells & Cheese, and the Sushi Fondue Roll.
5. Amelies French Bakery // This is a tough spot to fill. I have always had a sweet spot for french bakeries and pastries. I grew up going to Switzerland where the french bakeries were abundant, so it’s tough to find anything comparable in Charlotte. However, Amelies comes close. I love that you can sit on the patio when the weather is nice, and the food is great! My favorite thing on the menu is the Ham & Gruyere Tartine. This comes toasted on a traditional french baguette. We also like the breakfast croissants, and their summer salads.
Ironically, we are off to brunch this morning! I hope everyone has a great Sunday funday!
SHOP THE POST: